Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
candidate

Council of the EU applications Empty Council of the EU applications

Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:13 pm
Dear all,

I am creating this thread for applicants with the EU Council or the Consilium who are awaiting their application results. As far as we know, the feedback is due in approximately 30 days or less.

Is anyone already lucky to share his/her happiness on receiving offer for traineeship?

Regards
candidate

Council of the EU applications Empty Re: Council of the EU applications

Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:32 pm
UPDATE:

I just found out that the previous batch of pre-selected applicants were informed on 17/18th November 2011. The rest of the group were notified by 1 December. This means that next week there might be good news...

ada.s

Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:25 pm
Hi,

I was wondering, since there was the same deadline for registration for both session in 2013, do they announce the results for the spring and autumn session at the same time?

Kind regards
candidate

Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:56 pm
Hello @ada.s,

The time for announcing pre-selected applicants for the February 2013 exercise starts these days and terminates by mid December 2012, as far the website of the Council is concerned.
I am not aware about the autumn session of the traineeship. Maybe someone else will comment.

Hope this helps.
anacristina

Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:14 pm
Now I'm confused..
Isn't the deadline for announcing the pre-selection (spring session) today?
ada.s

Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:02 pm
@candidate:

Thanks for your reply. Can you give me the link to the website with this precise information about about pre-selected applicants? I can't find it on the consilium website.
Anyway, we'll find out soon Smile But I think it for both sessions at the same time since according to the website: "Not selected candidates will be informed by e-mail or via their Epso profile at the end of January" so there is only one deadline for announcing the results.

Good luck Smile)
candidate

Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:14 pm
@anacristina, if you look at the following thread https://ec-traineeship.forumotion.com/t316-council-of-european-union you will see that some former applicants have been offered traneeship on 17/18 November and other feedback was released on 29th November. This means that if you do not receive information from them by December, you won't be accepted most probably. A friend of mine told me that he phoned their office and he got to know that some candidates get feedback by end of December!?! So cross you fingers and may we are lucky...

@ada.s the January deadline is for rejected ones. Those who waited an offer and did not get. As for the two sessions (autumn and spring) they have different deadlines too.

ada.s

Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:46 pm
candidate wrote:

@ada.s the January deadline is for rejected ones. Those who waited an offer and did not get. As for the two sessions (autumn and spring) they have different deadlines too.

I do realize that the January deadline is for rejected. But since there is only one deadline for rejected, then I am assuming that there is only one period for giving all the results. Where do you get this information that there are two different deadlines? The registration was simultaneously for both sessions...
candidate

Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:22 pm
Hi @ada.s,

I presume that I was thinking of the CoR when answering your question about the sessions. This is why I reckoned that there were two different sessions with according deadlines. You are right that the deadline for the Council should be the same for the two periods. However, I really cannot remember choosing from autumn session or spring session on the application form. Maybe because I completed my application back in July.

Anyway, if anybody has some news, do not be selfish people. We are in the same boat and we want to land at the desired destination. Not all though. So good luck!
scras

Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:43 am
The website says: "The properly completed traineeship applications for the first session 2013 must be submitted online between 17th of September and 30th of November, 2012 (midnight French time)." So isn't it possible we only receive information after 30th of November?
candidate

Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:55 pm
@scras, are you sure you are referring to paid traineeships? Because remunerated internships with the Council are on this page:

http://www.consilium.europa.eu/contacts/traineeships-office/paid-traineeships?lang=en
Nonni

Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:31 pm
Hi all,

I received a traineeship offer (paid traineeship) on Friday in the Directorate-General Smile But for the period starting on 01 September 2013. The position is situated in Luxembourg, so I have to get started with the accommodation issue...I have heard that it´s not very easy to find a apartment or a room there in a reasonable price...
ana888

Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:46 am
Hi Nonni, Congratulations! Can you please share some details about your profile? And was this the first time you applied?
candidate

Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:19 am
Nonni, well done and good luck with the traineeship! I knew that they started sending out offers from mid November (last year the pre-selection commenced around the same time). Maybe almost all of the pre-selected ones are chosen already and this week will be the last for some departments to contact candidates. All the rest will be either in the reserve list or rejected.
Nonni

Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:09 pm
Hi,

About my profile.

I graduated law (MA) 3 years ago (university in my home country). I am an attorney in a quite recognized law office in my home country, but I haven´t specialized to European or international law. That´s why I thought that I don´t have a chance....But I also wrote to my motivation letter that this is the main reason for applying (I would like to have international experience). I have also worked as a lawyer and substitute to notary. I´m fluent in English and speak some Russian and Finnish. It´s my first time applying the traineeship.
candidate

Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:13 pm
Nonni, I suppose that your 3-year-long work experience has been crucial for your selection at the Council. Moreover, lawyers are generally looked upon quite favourably at many international bodies. Still, this traineeship will add a very good mark on your CV!

Is anybody else offered traineeship yet? Especially for the Feb. 2013 session. ..
candidate

Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:05 pm
Anybody having received feedback from the Council yet? Are we losing chances or is the T- office working at a slow rate ...
candidate

Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:43 pm
We can close this thread now. Even though there is still one week to go, I do not believe that there will be any good probability of receiving traineeship offers. They must have done the selection by now and only those ones who cannot submit documents or withdraw from the internship will be replaced.
maraR

Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:23 am
it says that: Not selected candidates will be informed by e-mail or via their Epso profile at the end of January. so maybe there is still hope until the end of january
pablo82

Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:10 pm
Hello everyone,
I have just discovered this forum. I have been selected for a paid traineeship in Brussels between February and June 2013.
Last 21 November, I received the email of acceptance. Then I had to send the required documents by post before 5th December. I sent them a few days later and by the end of November I received the confirmation that they had received them correctly.
So now I am waiting they send me the contract.
Soon I will begin to look for an accomodation in a share flat so if someone is interested, send me a message.

Regards
Timebug

Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:05 pm
Hi Pablo

did you receive your contract yet?

regards
NonaM

Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:20 pm
Hello everyone! Who else got accepted to the traineeship in the Council of the EU?
Oksana

Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:59 pm
Hi dear,

Would you be able to help with some recommendations from you experience? Which of EU institutions is better for traineeship: European Parliament, Council of the EU or European Commission? Which of them have better quality? As we have just one opportunity, I really need your experience and recommendations.

Thank you so much for your opinions and answers.
Sponsored content