Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Andorinha

Anyone based in Luxembourg? Empty Anyone based in Luxembourg?

Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:08 am
Hi everyone! I've been selected for a traineeship by the Publications Office (OP) which is based in Luxembourg. It seems that the majority of trainees will be based in Brussels so it would be nice if the few of us who will be in Luxembourg could get together. Hope to hear from someone soon! Ciao! Very Happy
zeko

Anyone based in Luxembourg? Empty Re: Anyone based in Luxembourg?

Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:35 am
Hi Andorinha,

May I ask which Unit / Sector ? I was contacted by OP and sent an email with an offer but no confirmation thus far...
Andorinha

Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:18 am
Hi Zeko,

I will be in Unit C2: EUR-Lex. I got the confirmation from the TO last Friday (the 22nd) in the afternoon. I don't know if they send out all the confirmation e-mails at the same time. Which unit contacted you? Anyhow, if you haven't received the rejection e-mail there is still hope! Smile
zeko

Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:35 am
That's precisely the one :-) Did you receive a call and an email with description of the job asking you to confirm interest? I did, and then no communication after that. When I emailed them two weeks ago asking when I could expect the decision, they said I'd be informed by mid July by TO. I've read here posts from people who received both confirmation and decline emails from TO on Friday, I got none. I really dunno if it's a mistake or if there are others who received nothing yet.
Andorinha

Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:47 am
I got a call from the unit on June the 6th asking if I was interested in the post. The woman who rang me said it was not an official offer and that if I was chosen I would receive an e-mail at the beginning of July. I then heard nothing at all from them till I got the e-mail last Friday from the TO saying I had been selected for a traineeship so it has been earlier than they said.
I really don't know what the procedure is like, from what I've seen in this forum it's not very clear and each DG does it in different ways and at different times.
I hope you are lucky and get an offer as there is still time till July Smile
zeko

Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:02 pm
Same here, except my call and subsequent email arrived on 25.5. Oh well, one can only wait and see. Thanks and hope to see you there!
floflo

Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:09 pm
Hi guys!! It's nice seeing a few people going to Luxembourg. I should be based there as well (DGT). Where are you from, if I may ask?
Andorinha

Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:51 am
Hi! I'm from Madrid. And you?
By the way, have you started looking at housing and all that stuff?
floflo

Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:29 am
Hi! I'm from Belgium. Brussels would have been a bit easier for me Wink
I think I'll wait until I receive the contract before looking seriously for a place to live...
Hope to see you in Luxembourg!
Kasia

Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:54 pm
Hello everyone,

I'm from Poland and I was also chosen for DGT in Luxembourg. However, I haven't received my contract yet so it's making it difficult to look for accommodation. What about you?
Hope to meet you in October Smile
Andorinha

Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:03 am
Hi Kasia! I'm not looking for accommodation at the moment. I'm just waiting till I get the contract and will start looking from then. I imagine we will receive it soon.
Yep, see you in October! Smile
Jenny26

Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:46 pm
Hi guys,

Did you have any luck with finding accommodation in Luxembourg so far?? I am starting my traineeship at the EIB on 1st October and looking for for a room in a flatshare.

So far, everyone I contacted is already full so I would really appreciate some advice!

Many thanks and good luck with everything!

albertoG

Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:02 am
Hello Everyone!!!

I am a late selected trainee for the DG SANCO. I am planning to move to Luxembourg by the 12th and I was wondering if any one can give an advice on where it is best to rent a room. Or even if they have spare rooms to rent in their rental houses Smile

I am shocked about how expensive Luxembourg is!!

Oh, if you are looking for a friend to grab a beer in the eve, contact me!

Thanks!!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum