Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Application form

+20
adussa
Krzysztof
simka
Lukrecja3333
lulu
papryka79
lu_kao
Andreea
Inna
fibica
nas
Paola N.
dulitul
Marcanum
Bulgaro
Dan
candidate
ivotsonev
Gianluca C.
Jessusherraymond
24 posters
Go down
papryka79

Application form - Page 3 Empty Re: Application form

Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:51 am
Any news for ppl from reserve list?
amcy324

Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:56 am
I am on the reserve list, and I haven't. When is the closing deadline for Spring session? I think that if I don't hear back by the 15th, I should apply asap for the next session. Are you on the reserve list too, papryka79? If so, for which department? I am very interested in this traineeship...unfortunately from what I've heard, they only select a very limited number of Americans. Sad
papryka79

Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:02 pm
Yes I am, DG Internal Policies in Brussels, and no feedback actually Evil or Very Mad and I don't know anything about final result day for ppl from reserve list, I've tried to contact them by e-mail but no responses. Actually, I don't think so that your nationality is really matter at this recruitment stage. Which DG you chose? Greetings from Poland Smile
amcy324

Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:12 pm
Yayy Poland!! Where in Poland, if you don't mind my asking? I just recently applied for a job in Poland and it'd be nice to hear from someone there. And about nationalities, I read somewhere that there is a set quota for the number of foreigners or non-EU nationales that it would accept. But it's possible it may not be the case. I'm not certain. Anyhow...it's August 15th now and still no updates. I'm going to assume that I did not get it. Will you consider to re-apply?
papryka79

Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:55 pm
Nice coincidence Smile I'm studying in Poznan (next year I'm gonna finish) but I live and work in Warsaw (the Capital of Poland), where did you apply? If you are American, just let me guess that big4 or BCG or McKinsey ect.. oh sorry I don't even know what kind of subject you study I study finance and maybe that's why I mentioned this firms sorry Smile Actually, it was my fisrt time that I've applied to EU Parliament, filling the application doesn't take so much time so why not re- apply, does it ? Getting a trainee in EUP really depends on luck I think.
amcy324

Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:07 pm
Haha I studied English literatures and international relations, with a focus in int'l law and security, while I was in college. I actually just graduated a few months ago. I applied for a job with a global news information company in Katowice, so not consulting or finance. Smile I wish you good luck in the next application cycle!! I absolutely have no idea how they make their selections, but I hope that we have better luck next time. I definitely believe that I have the qualifications and can do the work...but sometimes and unfortunately, things don't always work that way. Wish us best of luck. Smile
lucia_roman

Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:36 pm
Hello, hello,
I have applied for the Spring 2013 session - general/Schuman.I am reaching out to you, whether accepted or not for this traineeship for a piece of info, even though it is too late to change anything now Rolling Eyes But at least it will give me an opinion on my chances and know if I am waiting for nothing or not.
So, in the application form, for the request "demonstrate that you have produced a substantial written paper, as part of the requirements for a university degree or for a scientific journal ", I wrote the title of my BA thesys. Now, the title does not contain any hint to EU, or related words.
Looking up past post, somebody said that you have to write the title of a written paper about a european subject.
This puzzles me, because nowhere in the FAQ was specified, so I did not pay any attention at that time.
Now, it bothers me Question I would at least like to know whether from your experience, what do you think? Is it still worth waiting?
Lukrecja3333

Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:46 pm
Hello lucia_roman

So when you apply for the traineeship you have two options:
-general- you need to write, like you said ,,the title of a written paper about a european subject''
and
-Schuman (for journalist)- you need to have university degree (journalism) OR have some experience in journalism (articles in a newspaper etc.)

When we take this into consideration, you could apply for journalism option, so you still have a chance:)

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum