Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
DeeDee

Late selections Empty Late selections

Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:14 am
Hello everyone and congratulations for those who got selected from the first time!

I personally didn't take it in July and you can imagine I had already forgotten about it within a month. Focused my attention on plan B. But this week I received a phone call from EC to check my availability and to see if I would be still interested about this traineeship.

Of course I said YES, but because of emotions and being taken by surprise, and 'thanxs' to the HoU's pretty bad English now I find myself without knowing which DG was about. He told me just I would be probably contacted soon by TO (no news yet).

Do you think they short listed again for late selections or was I the only one called for that particular unit, taking into consideration it's already August? (cause I forgot to ask this detail).
What's their next step? Anybody else in this position?

Thanxs!
lostdog

Late selections Empty Re: Late selections

Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:30 pm
I got an interview on the 27th of July.....they told me they would inform me on the outcome in any case (positive or negative) but they still haven't.
So, I guess I am in a similar position.
The next step is the formal reply I guess but when will it come?
Have you receoved yours?

Good luck!
DeeDee

Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:02 pm
No news yet...
Please let me know when you receive a formal reply!

Good luck to you too!
lostdog

Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:23 pm
Ok, I will let you know when I get some response.

Let me know too when you receive.

Best of luck once again!
lostdog

Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:30 pm
hey, DeeDee,

do you have any news?
I still have no news and I don't know what to do.

On the official webpage of the TO it says that late selection is still ongoing so I don't see much sense in contacting them and asking about my status. On the other hand, it's been a long time since my interview and I don't know why my answer is so delayed.

Do you know if they send the contract offer by e-mail or by regular mail?

I haven't found anybody else who is late selected. What's your situation now? Do you have any response?
DeeDee

Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:48 pm
Hey Lostdog,

I was also thinking to write you today.
No news here either... 3 weeks since I got the phone interview.
Earlier today I sent an email to EAC-STAGES-DESK9@ec.europa.eu in which I explained my situation and asked for my status.

This is what I got:

<<<Dear Ms ...,

You are right to contact me in order to understand all our organization. No problem at all for me.
When we sent you this mail, all the trainees were selected and we sent all our placement offers.
At this stage, we have to inform the others candidates (like you) that they were not selected.
After some days, some weeks (in particular situations), some candidates selected cannot accept our offers for different reason (new job, familiar problem, etc for example).
Due to this, the concerned directorate/service have to choose another candidate (like you and others).
At that moment, they contacted by mail or by phone different candidates and, after, they decide to choose one of these candidates.
Maybe you have been contacted in this kind of situation without having been chosen at the end.

Kind regards,
... >>>

So actually I found nothing more than I already knew. Maybe you could try to contact directly the Unit that interviewed you. In my case I couldn't understand which unit was about Question
DeeDee

Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:00 pm
And after another email:

<<<... I understand very well your question who is totally normal.
Nevertheless, we (Traineeship office) are doing the maximum in order to keep informed all the candidates.
We are not aware about how much candidates and when directorate/service contact you and what they said on the phone and what they finally decide.
We only know when they contact us with the name of the candidate they have chosen.
We regularly asked to all directorate/service to be as clear as possible in order to avoid to give hope...>>>

I guess I was not chosen at the end. And I should move on. I paid enough attention to this traineeship.

Best of luck to you, let me know if things turn out well for you!
lostdog

Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:57 pm
Thank you for the information!

I was contacted by the DG Information society and media and the lady that interviewed me said very clearly that I would be contacted in both cases - positive or negative answer. That is why I am still waiting. I thought that they don't have to wait 4 weeks to send me a rejection.... I mean they could have sent this the other day after the interview.....but anyway it is getting annoying and maybe I should concentrate on other options Smile

Thanks again for sharing the info and good luck! Smile
Montecito08

Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:32 am
I think the best thing you can do is to ask the DG that interviewed you about the outcome of the selection process. That's what I did a week after my interviews in the first round of selections, and even though they could not tell me anything at that stage, they were able to tell me that the selection process was still ongoing. Good luck!
lostdog

Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:08 pm
I finally managed to contact the DG that interviewd me (they were on holidays).....obviously, I am not their first choice in the list, so that was for me for this selection period.....I am not going this time.

Thanks for the info to everyone and wish you more luck in the future! Smile
rmm

Late selections Empty late selection for November

Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:51 am
Hi everyone,
I've just received the confirmation from DG Comm for an internship, starting of course at the beginning of November (due to the fact that this is a late selection). I am so eager of doing a traineeship at the EC, my only doubt is that if I had been selected from the beginning, I could have accepted without any problems. However, having received an offer so late, this puts me in a serious difficulty because I would have to drop my job in only 3 weeks. For my current job, I have to give a 2-month notice when I am leaving, so I would have a lot of problems in leaving this job.

My question is: if I say no to this offer, would I cut off my chances for future traineeship sessions? (e.g. for the March session?) do they have a kind of database with people that refused the traineeship offers or do I still have the same chances to eventually be selected in a future traineeship offer?

I would really appreciate some advice asap...thanks!!!
anna17

Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:50 am
Hello again,

To my surprise, I got yesterday an offer from Executive Agency for Health and Consumers:-) in Luxembourg starting with November.This is a totally different unit from what I've initially wanted and applied for.( EAC, EACEA, audiovisual and so on)
But, since July when I was rejected, things changed and I got another job offer in cultural management in a great organization for 2 years.So,even though I was very excited about the idea of working in the EC I am in the position of saying NO.
Briefly, my advice is don't lose hope and of course don't waste your life by waiting:-)
I wish you good luck and I hope you all find the right place for each of you.
Anna
rmm

Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:23 pm
You are completely right. However, I actually managed to put my current job "on hold", which is great because I get to do both...just like you, I was so tempted to say NO because I had a very good job but in the end I think it is a really enriching experience that I don't want to lose, so I will be arriving in Brussels at the end of October! see you all there!!
Anna, I hope you will take the decision that suits you best!
Good luck
DeeDee

Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:05 pm
Hi, so in the end I finally received today (6th of October OMG!!!) a placement offer too, which is kind of funny since I was the one who started this topic Very Happy and I thought I lost all my chances. I will be in DG ECHO starting with 1st of November. Looking for accomodation... anyone else late like me???

Also for those who are applying for the next traineeship... everything is possible, you just need to have faith!

Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:26 pm
A question for all that have been admitted later... did you get in in DG that you put as your wished or...?? Thanks.
tonita

Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:05 am
Hi,
DeeDee, the same with me. I received an offer yesterday and I will most probably start from 16-th of November. DG ENVI by the way Wink
Looking for accomodation as well.
Hugs from Bulgaria
DeeDee

Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:02 am
@ mdenic85

It was not among my top 3 preferences, but I chose Audit at some point. And it looks like DG ECHO has an Audit Unit Smile

@ tonita

That's a wonderful news! May I ask what's your 'action plan' regarding accomodation? Are you planning to go earlier, or just find something on the internet?
And hugs from Romania! Nice, we are neighbors!
tonita

Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:29 am
DeeDee wrote:

@ tonita

That's a wonderful news! May I ask what's your 'action plan' regarding accomodation? Are you planning to go earlier, or just find something on the internet?
And hugs from Romania! Nice, we are neighbors!

Check your PM`s please! Smile

Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:43 pm
Oh, that's good to know. Because I am planning to apply for October 2012!! Can you tell me more about Audit? Since I haven't opened my application I don't know much about it.
DeeDee

Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:23 am
mdenic85 wrote:Oh, that's good to know. Because I am planning to apply for October 2012!! Can you tell me more about Audit? Since I haven't opened my application I don't know much about it.

Audit is an evaluation of a system or process and it refers most commonly to audits in accounting. So if you studied economics... or if you're interested you can find info everywhere (internet, books).
Good luck with your application and be ready with lots of patience Wink
rmm

Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:11 pm
mdenic85 wrote:A question for all that have been admitted later... did you get in in DG that you put as your wished or...?? Thanks.

yes for me DG COMM was in my top 3...I got lucky!!
tonita

Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:21 am
Hello,
Anyone from the lucky people after the late selecttion loking for accommodation from November? Smile
Best!

rmm

Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:20 pm
tonita wrote:Hello,
Anyone from the lucky people after the late selecttion loking for accommodation from November? Smile
Best!

me me me!!! I'm searching online but for the moment still nothing....
tonita

Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:44 pm
rmm wrote:
tonita wrote:Hello,
Best!

me me me!!! I'm searching online but for the moment still nothing....

Look at your PMs please Smile
DeeDee

Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:20 am
@ Tonita:
I have sent you a private message!!! Smile

DeeDee
DeeDee

Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:19 pm
Tonita did you receive my message from yesterday?

DeeDee
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum