Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Nausica

How safe is Brussels Empty How safe is Brussels

Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:09 pm
Hey,

I want to ask people who spent some time in Brussels, which areas to avoid. Is it really that dangerous city as I read everywhere? What about places in Schaerberk (ot how it is spelled)...lvi.immo offers studios there cca 7 minute to Schumman on foot...anyone any advice? Thanks:)
Aneena
Aneena

How safe is Brussels Empty Re: How safe is Brussels

Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:15 pm
Some areas in Schaerbeek are so dangerous that even police is afraid to go there. There was some strike last year cos the police was complaining that in some areas of Brussels the criminals use Kalashnikovs and poor policemen don't have weapons to defend themselves. However if it's close to Schuman it should be ok Smile
Nausica

Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:47 pm
Thanx Very Happy
Aneena
Aneena

Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:52 pm
But honestly, you should be careful cos there are really some areas in Brussels when you can get killed easily, before getting a room talk to someboy from here. Schaerbeek is OK before the Chaussee de Louvain, avoid what is behind it.
Avoid Sint-Jost-ten-Noode
Avoid what is behind the Kanaal, I've never been there, but since I heard many stories I don't feel like going there at all.
Be careful about Matonge (part of Ixelles)

Nausica

Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:08 pm
priceless info, thanx. i checked it on the map and seem like there is no safe place to live Very Happy
Aneena
Aneena

Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:00 pm
But I think that the flats of the LVI Immo are in a nice area with many stagiaires, at some point I was thinking of renting a room there. My friend did and he was happy.
Nausica

Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:18 am
Yes, I think I'm gonna end there finally, though it is Sint-Jost-ten-Noode:)
mirela

Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:11 pm
Nausica wrote:Yes, I think I'm gonna end there finally, though it is Sint-Jost-ten-Noode:)

HI, I know its an old post, but please help me with some info about lviimmo rentals. I dont know if I can trust them with the deposit. Were they ok? Did you like it there?
Thank you so much!!
Mirela
pinhead

Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:47 pm
Stay away from lviimmo rentals! A close friend of mine had a very bad experience with them. Not in terms of accommodation but as far as booking is concerned (this is where it all starts in any case). They did not send him a contract until after they had received 700 euros as deposit! Also, if you are obliged to cancel, as he unfortunately was, even after 24 hours, you are never going to get this deposit back, because of some ludicrous terms they have in their website. People, you have been warned!
sdds

Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:51 pm
LVIIMMO-Don't book a room in any of their buildings

In 2010 and 2011 uprisings swept across much of the Middle East in what is now referred to as the Arab Spring. This year, 2012, uprising is coming to 23 Rue Traversiere, Belgium.

Heating? A luxury. Running water? You're kidding. Electricity? Good one! Internet? Yet to arrive. Showers? Dirty pond.

If you are looking for a dirty, freezing squat to reside in for your semester abroad, internship or time in Brussels then you're at the right place. Just remember to pack portable internet satellite, wood (for bonfires to keep warm), an axe (there are a few trees nearby for firewood), a portable oven (to cook), a lock for your room, a shower (not necessary if you have leaks in your room), and pots (for leaks and to collect water from the nearest river).

Current residents of Rue Traversiere face daily violations of article 5 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (right to be free from cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment). We stand firm against the dictatorship and daily violation of human rights we face, prospective residents are encouraged to look elsewhere.

The Rue Traversiere Spring is here.

From current revolutionaries
(From an internet cafe, of course)
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum