Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Francesky

Career advice Empty Career advice

Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:26 pm
Hello guys

I don't know if this is the right place where to ask this question but, I am approaching now the EU world, I am 30 and after 6 years of professional experience in Italy I want to change a bit my career finding a traineeship in the EU institutions or agencies.

I know that it is risky because it is very difficult to be hired after a traineeship here, but I don't want to lose the opportunity now that I am still not too old and I don't have a very stable life here.

It is a big downshift because here in Italy I gained a good experience and I have a mid-senior level and I could aim at good positions, but I really want to do this experience before being too "old". Now I have a good stable contract but it is not the kind of company where I want to stay for long time, so I would not regret too much quitting it.

Do you think it is a "wise" decision? You would do the same at my place? Do you think that, if I am not able to stay in Bruxelles because I don't want to get trapped in doing an internship after another, the experience could be a good value on my CV or just waste of time?

Thanks to everybody!
mp999

Career advice Empty Re: Career advice

Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:16 pm
I hear you! I'm in my late 30s and got sick of my permanent job. I applied for a blue book traineeship and got it! So, it's never too late. Apply for it and if you get selected ask your employer if you can take a 5 months of unpaid leave. That is how you will not feel the pressure. Any experience abroad counts! At the end you are a different person - you are able to see things from different point of view, which will add a value to your future work.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum